Episode 1 | Karen Martel
Hormone Balance: Understanding Your Body as a Woman with Karen Martel
About This Episode
Not feeling well but not knowing why? Feeling fatigued, irritable, painful periods, and bloated?
If you have cycled through various diets and stepped back into your fitness regime but still have not found relief, it could very be because of hormonal imbalance.
Great news is that we have Karen Martel to shed some light on the topic of hormones & how they affect women’s bodies.
Together, we will give you all the information you need to improve your hormone health, so you don’t have to suffer in silence like millions of women do!
Hormones can make you feel like you’re swimming against the tide. But WHY?! And HOW?!
Karen Martel is a Certified Hormone Specialist & Transformational Nutrition Coach and women’s weight loss expert.
Founder of the revolutionary program OnTrack a women’s hormone balancing & weight loss program. Host of the top-rated women’s health podcast The Other Side of Weight Loss.
I was very eager to have this intimate conversation with Karen about hormone balance because she is a person who I know will be changing the way that women look at hormonal issues.
After struggling with her own health issues, Karen was determined to bring her knowledge to others with a bold new approach to women’s health and weight management. Karen’s passion lies in helping women breakthrough weight loss resistance and find their personal weight loss code through diet variation and hormone optimization. Karen is a health leader and researcher determined to revolutionize weight loss for modern women.
What you’ll learn from Karen’s story
- Karen’s story on why she choose to be in the field of health and nutrition (2:53)
- When Karen started digging deep into her weight problems (5:42)
- Changing the next generation’s view on self-image (16:23)
Women’s confusion surrounding weight loss and how Karen addresses it
- Understanding what estrogen dominance is (18:31)
- Why do women experience cramping and abdominal pain (22:15)
- Exploring what xenoestrogen is and how it relates to weight gain (23:35)
- The only way to test how does your body break down estrogen (27:48)
- Know the certain food that you can eat when you’re estrogen dominant (28:17)
- Karen’s three-week estrogen detox program (30:17)
How hormones play a role in almost everything we feel in our body as women
- Premarin and the lack of correct information on hormone replacements (33:25)
- Getting to know what bioidentical hormones are and what most physicians know about it (39:30)
- Why blood work is not an accurate way to test your hormones (40:08)
- Touching on the topic of adrenal fatigue and what cortisol has to do with (42:09)
What it takes to improve our well-being and not suffer in silence like millions of other women
- What makes us shift from the sympathetic to the parasympathetic (44:35)
- Rethinking weight loss (47:20)
I hope that you’ll agree that knowing more about your body will ultimately empower you to make better, more informed choices about your health and wellness.
Believe me, it’s so worth the effort! And I’d wager that learning about this information now is way better than stumbling upon this information later in life…