RAPID TRANSFORMATION THERAPY (rtt)hypnotherapy
RTT and Me
Ever since I was a small child I had a fascination with the brain and how it works and communicates. With the completion of a Bachelor of Science and a Masters in Communication Sciences and Disorders, I continued to learn. My first employment as a speech language therapist allowed me to work with individuals who have sustained brain injury, which helped me to understand how the brain communicates with the language centres of the brain. Although extremely rewarding, I felt a need to dive deeper into the psych centres of the brain. I then attained a PhD (IP) focusing on psychology and linguistics. From here I began my practice in psychotherapy.
Psychotherapy focuses on weekly dialogue with the client. This can occur for 5, 10, 50 sessions or much more. Although rewarding for most, I still felt I wasn’t helping individuals to the depth they needed.
I am not enough
A common theme with many of my clients is that they are ‘not enough’. Somewhere in their lives they have formed this belief that has now been cemented into their psyche. Certain events in a person’s lifetime, when conformed with immense emotion (happy or sad), will remain deep within a person’s unconscious. The unconscious brain is your feeling, emotional part of the brain. These feelings have formed a belief about yourself.
For many, these beliefs are harmful. Not long after practising psychotherapy, I was amazed and shocked by what some of my clients shared with me in terms of them not being ‘enough’. These self-deprecating beliefs were affixed in their brains. For some, traditional therapy was enough to rid them from these thoughts, while for others, it was not. Addictions, anxiety, eating disorders, self-confidence, self-worth, and speaking disorders, are just a few of the issues I am referring to.
RTT will change your life. In just 1-2 sessions, you will be able to permanently rid yourself from these pre-conceived notions of who you are, and become who you always wanted to be.
I have been taught by the best, Marisa Peer. RTT makes sense. It looks at the brain from a practical, logical, and common sense point of view.
We now live in a type of society where we want an immediate cure for what is ailing us. Medical doctors now prescribe medications for anxiety and depression as easily as they do every day common ailments. We all want a ‘magic pill’ to take the hurt away. However, without knowing the cause of the hurt, taking medications, abusing substances, or relying on destructive behavioral addictions will never ‘cure’ the ailment.
Hypnotherapy covers a vast array of issues that have become everyday ailments in our world. Disturbed sleep, anxiety, depression, substance abuse, phobias, weight management, and behavioral addictions are just some of the most common that I have worked with. For most issues, one 90-120 min session is enough. For other issues (anorexia, bulimia) more than one session may be necessary.
I have worked with both adults and children. Results are equally effective. Here are some of the most common:
- Confidence – self-esteem, self-worth, and self-identity, regaining your voice.
- Anxiety – Whether it be a generalized anxiety or anxiety surrounding a specific area of concern.
- Depression – Often related to feeling rejected, unworthy, and unloved.
- Weight Control and Management – Food relationships, eating disorders, anorexia, bulimia.
- Addictions – Gambling, smoking, alcohol and drugs.
- Performance – Sport, exam, career, overall sense of success and fulfilment.
- Relationships – This is a specialized area for me due to my previous training as a Gottman Couple Therapist. When individual issues arise whilst treating the couple, I use hypnotherapy to treat the individual and then the relationship therapy continues using the Gottman Method.
- Anger Control
If a particular ailment of yours was not mentioned above, please do not think that it cannot be treated. Hypnotherapy will bring you a sense of understanding as to why this issue has plagued you; whether it is recent or present for decades, you will be able to finally make this part of your past and start living freely and joyfully.
03. MORE ABOUT YOUR RTT EXPERIENCE
What is RTT?
What does RTT feel like?
You have already felt RTT if you remember yourself ‘drifting off’ or ‘daydreaming’. Another good example is remembering those days when you drove on a familiar route, conscious of the sounds and images around you, but then finding yourself on your driveway, not really remembering how you got there. In the therapy room, we will deliberately bring you to those states of heightened self-awareness, while putting your nervous system to sleep in a very systematic way. You will be in an extremely relaxed state. This is where we can tap into the subconscious system so you communicate issue new suggestions. These suggestions are tailored for you and your needs, and as your therapist, I will augment the process in a way that these new suggestions will now be a part of you, forever.
Will I be asleep?
What will I feel like when it is over?
After RTT most people feel light, free, fulfilled and happy. Only a few feel initially disturbed, and only later does joy enter.
What if I can’t be hypnotized?
Is it safe for children?
Still need more information?
If now curious, this is what you do...
Now that you familiarized yourself more about RTT and feel curious enough to know more about it, then we can do one of two things
- Book a phone consultation with me for 15-20 minute chat to learn more about RTT and answer questions I have not answered in the FAQ on my website. I like to keep this time centred more on your specific issues, rather than information on the session itself, therefore do not skip the FAQ page!
- Book an appointment to see me (regular 50 minute session). This session is considered a fee for service. Note: you may have already done this and that is why you are reading this!
If you decide to book your Rapid Transformational Therapy session it looks like this:
- We do the RTT session and it lasts for 2 hours. Remember you leave the session with a recording (15 min long that can be played on your phone), which allows this transformation to be ongoing and successful.
- I am then committed to send you an email each morning thereafter with helpful tips, research, and quotes (it might take 30 seconds for you to read but it has a profound affect) which will again, keep you accountable and stay on track towards your new state of mind.
- A post RTT session of 50-minute therapy occurs ideally 7-10 days after.
- Then nothing the following week so you can process/practice.
- Then we have one more 50-minute follow-up session.
It may seem a lot or little to you, depending how familiar you are with therapy. However, many clients go for a year or more of therapy, and actually move very little ahead!! This is very effective.
Let me know if you want me to schedule that first phone call (meet and greet) with you. There is no charge.
Some additional resources to help you in your choice to move ahead.
Here is an article https://www.allure.com/story/hypnosis-anxiety-depression-treatment
And this video: https://youtu.be/BjYOheKZAow
To get an idea of how you tend to behave in life.. please do this quick survey below (I find it interesting but not mandatory) and send me “ Your Four Tendencies” https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/3706759/Gretchen-Rubin-s-Quiz-The-Four-Tendencies
Set Up a Free 15min Phone Consultation Today!
Drop me an email so we can schedule a 15 minute phone consult to discuss any questions you may have and for me to understand more about you and your therapy requirements.