Episode 2 | Pat Remilliard
How One Woman Used Logic to Succeed In A Male-Dominated Industry
As a woman, climbing the corporate ladder in a male-dominated industry might seem impossible at times. Though a challenge for some women, Pat Remilliard has proved women are definitely more than capable of taking up their own space in these industries. Taking a methodical and thoughtful approach, her tenacity and courage paid off tenfold.
In October 2021, Pat Remilliard retired from her senior role at the iconic Canadian Pacific Railway. She describes herself as dedicated, authentic, courageous, and most of all, a team player.
Pat shares what she has learned in 25 years of working, emphasizing fear should never stop you, and that one should aim high with every shot they take in order to reach their best selves. This episode is for all women; from adolescent girls to women far advanced in their careers.
What you’ll learn from Pat’s story
- Pat’s position at the Canadian Pacific Railway (1:27)
- Pat’s childhood and how her career started in computer programming (7:06)
- The woes of being a woman in a male-dominated industry (17:08)
- Overcoming the fear of entering these male-dominated industries (24:52)
- Male mentors can be allies of women in the industry (30:39)
- Teaching accountability to your team to get things done (35:05)
- Managing your anger when things go wrong (39:01)
- How Pat balances her work and her life (45:22)
- Routines and habits that have helped Pat in work (48:52)
- Pat’s message for women beginning their career journeys (52:19)