Break the Cycle of Food Addiction: Turning Away from Processed Foods and Surrendering to Nature
Our bodies are sacred and we have a responsibility to ourselves to take care of our bodies so we may live happy and healthy lives. But how can we fulfill that responsibility when we carelessly fill it with toxic and unhealthy foods? Food can be just as real and debilitating as addiction, as smoking, and alcohol is and it is a conversation that needs to be had more than ever. Today’s guest, Liana Werner-Gray teaches us that we don’t have to be shackled to our addictions. She serves as a living example that it is possible to live a healthy and happy life without depriving yourself of your cravings.
Liana grew up in the Outback Australia where she was surrounded by nature and learned from the indigenous people on how to survive and receive nourishment from nature. After healing herself of cancer which resulted from her grapple with food addiction, she is now a holistic and natural-health advocate. Creator of “The Earth Diet” and author of books such as Anxiety-Free Food, Cancer Free with Food, and Ten-Minute Recipes, she now helps people from all around the world to find lifestyles that work for them so they can transform themselves and live a life that is healthy, vibrant, and fulfilled.
- Liana’s healthy upbringing and her addiction to junk food (2:20)
- Liana’s wake up call to the dangers of food addiction (8:46)
- How Liana detoxed and turned her life around (14:17)
- Methods to detox your body (17:22)
- Put more time and focus on deep inner healing and getting started (21:30)
- Healing the addiction (32:45)
- Food changes our thoughts (36:07)
- There is more sugar in our food than we realize (39:41)
- How to eat healthier while on a budget (45:36)
- People should do what feels right for them (51:17)