Re-Thinking Birth Control: The Effects
on Your Hormones
Dr. Felice Gersh
The menstrual cycle is one of the greatest health indicators a woman can have. But what happens when something goes wrong? Today’s guest, Dr. Felice Gersh joins us to talk about hormone imbalances, and what we can do to improve our inner balance with lifestyle and supplementation changes. In addition, she’ll be bringing to light the effects of birth control and contraceptives on your hormonal health. If you’ve felt like this has been happening to you and your body, then let this episode guide you in making better choices for your health.
Dr. Felice Gersh is a multi-award winning physician with a dual certification in OB-GYN and integrative medicine. As the Founder and Medical Director of the Integrative Medical Group of Irvine, she is a globally-renowned expert on women’s hormones and complex disease management. Author of the #1 bestselling PCOS SOS, The PCOS SOS Fertility Fast Track, and her third upcoming book, Menopause. With a holistic understanding of women’s biology and emotions, she aims to educate patients on both natural and pharmaceutical treatments so they can be empowered to take control of their health.
- What prompted Dr. Felice to study female sex hormones (2:14)
- The contributing causes of hormone imbalance (9:24)
- Approaching hormone imbalance via lifestyle or supplementation (14:16)
- The effect of birth control pills on the gut microbiome (24:34)
- The menstrual cycle and contraceptives (32:41)
- Theoretical Effectiveness and Use Effectiveness (45:21)
- How birth control compromises your body (48:29)
- Optimize your lifestyle for healthy longevity (53:46)
Dr. Felice Gersh